My Evening Skincare Routine
So I am pretty bad at maintaining a skincare routine of any sort but over the last few months I have introduced some products to my skin that have changed that.
Keep reading to find out more!
![]() |
| Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water |
So first things first - I take my makeup off using this micellar water. I simply soak two or three cotton pads with the water then rub over my face and eyes until all the makeup has been removed. I really like this for taking my makeup off and I find it better than using face wipes as I have done in the past.
![]() |
| Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask |
Some nights I will then apply a mask, but not every night as 1) I am pretty lazy and 2) I'm sure that's probably not the best for your skin. My favourite at the moment is this one from Sanctuary, it heats up as you apply it and I find that after using it my face feels very clean and soft. I just apply it onto dry skin, wait 5 minutes and then remove with a warm flannel. Works a charm.
![]() |
| No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser |
So this isn't my favourite cleanser as it doesn't remove makeup, therefore this is the one part of the routine that I am looking to change when I find a product that I want to try. However this cleanser is still really good if you've taken the extra step and removed your makeup. You just apply to dry skin, hold muslin cloth (included) under warm/hot water and wring it out and place over face and let the heat work its magic. Leaves skin feeling clean and super soft.
![]() |
| Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief |
Okay, so this and the next product are sometimes used as one or the other, or occasionally both, or very occasionally neither. Normally this depends on two things: 1) what condition my skin is in, and 2) how long it is until I will be going to bed (because of final step).
Anyway, this product is so good. I really like applying it before makeup as well as using it as part of this routine. Its very hydrating and smoothing, you can apply as much as needed and it works great. Its neither a serum or a moisturiser - I like to think of it as somewhere in between.
![]() |
| Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser |
This product is very thick and creamy and so I only like to apply this as part of an evening routine as nobody would want to wear this underneath makeup (well, I don't think so). It is such a lovely moisturiser and if you had very dry skin this would be a saviour, I like to apply this when its going to be a few hours until I go to sleep to give this time to soak in before the next step.
![]() |
| Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado |
I love this eye cream, again as with the other Kiehl's product it is very thick and creamy and because of that it is lovely for keeping your under eyes looking good as it has all night to sink in and moisturise. Just a very lovely product that I swear by for my eyes now.
![]() |
| Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate |
Okay, so there is no way to describe this that does it justice. It is amazing! Firstly, the smell is incredible and is perfect for being calming before bed. Then you wake up in the morning and you are so shocked that only 2-3 drops of this stuff can make your skin so soft and smooth. I love this so much!
![]() |
| L'occitane Shea Butter |
Last but by no means least, this lip balm is so good. I apply it all throughout the day, basically whenever I need it or get chance to apply it. But I like to make sure that before I go to bed I apply a thick layer to get to work overnight, its just the best time for your lips as you aren't bothering them with lip products or eating and drinking. In the morning I wake up and my lips feel lovely and soft.
I hope you liked this post, it was a big longer than some of my others posts but I hope that you found it interesting to see what I used. I would love to know if you have any suggestions or if you are loving something you are using so please leave me a comment.
Thank you so much for reading this post, please check out my other posts and you can follow to see more from me.
xo Charlotte's Escape










Nice post! :) Would you buy Garniers Micellar Water again?
ReplyDeleteMakeup addiction
Thank you! Yes, I would but I find that I prefer to use it as an initial makeup remover before using a cleanser as I don't feel like it removes other impurities. But its amazing for removing makeup, even eye makeup so worth having.
DeleteThanks for the comment xx