Top Five Concealers
Concealers are the magic ingredient that takes my face from looking dull and tired to bright and even. They are essential to my makeup bag wherever and whenever so I thought I would do a post on my top five concealers to show you what works for me for covering under eye circle and uneven skin tone.
In no particular order, my favourite concealers...
![]() |
| Benefit Fake Up - Shade 01 Light |
Described as a 'hydrating crease control concealer' sounded perfect to me so I couldn't wait to give this a try. It does what it says on the box - hydrates the under eye while providing a crease free medium coverage. Only downside is that the hydrating element does leave under eyes looking kind of shiny if you have already well hydrated your under eyes. This means that even though you aren't applying powder to stop concealer creasing, you do still have to apply powder to control the shine. I love the coverage this gives and would recommend to anyone with dry under eyes.
![]() |
| Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - Shade Light |
I love this concealer compact with three products for the price of one. Pink for correcting darkness, slightly yellow shade for coverage and brightening and then white powder to set. Works a charm and does exactly what you expect, you can even build coverage by dabbing on instead of rubbing into skin. Powder controls any creases that the cream products would otherwise leave. Brilliant product for on the go as well as at home as it is so handy to have all together and even mirror in compact. Amazing idea!
![]() |
| Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye - Shade Light |
This is pretty heavy duty stuff but when those stubborn dark circles won't go away this is perfect. Like I say this is full on coverage but if you blend it in well then it won't crease or look cakey. Regardless I do only wear this one when I need the extra coverage. Don't listen to the anti-age thing, this is perfect for any age and worth a try.
![]() |
| Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Shade Ivory |
Quite possibly my favourite concealer ever. This is the perfect balance of brightening and concealing in one. I just apply it, let it settle for a minute and then buff it in and its perfect. The one concealer I wouldn't be without. Perfect for me.
![]() |
| Seventeen Stay Time Concealer - Shade Extra Fair |
This one is very much like the blog famous Collection concealer that everyone raves about. Again a slightly thicker consistency but if you blend it right its not a problem. Good coverage and I love that it comes in extra fair so that paler skin tones like mine can still brighten with a lighter shade.
So that's a round up of my top five concealers, what are yours? Love any of the ones I've spoken about? Or think that you know of a great concealer I should try? Leave me a comment below, would love to hear your opinions!
Thank you so much for reading, if you like this post then check out some of my others and follow for more just like it.
xo Charlotte's Escape xo







0 comments: